Welcome to Wowhead's guide to Hopfest on how to purchase and spend Hopfest prize tokens, complete ram races, and get a meta achievement.
Celebrated by both the Horde and Alliance, the Hop Festival is a time to enjoy the fermented fruits of the harvest: pretzels, cheese, and booze! Competing breweries from Thunderbar, Jachmenovar and Ogres all gather outside of all the major cities in an attempt to outdo each other with their special ales, meads and beers. Brave adventurers are invited to relax and taste the best products these brewers have to offer!
During the Hopfest, players can earn the title of Hopfest, collect fun riding animals such as the Hopfest Rushing ram, and toys for the Toy Collection! Daily activities include killing Koren Hoodowar for loot and riding animals, as well as completing a ram race to earn Hop Festival tokens.
You can also get a special positive effect on the experience: the Joyful Walker. Leaders from various breweries will give speeches at their camps at 4:15am and 4:15pm Moscow time, and then give a positive effect for 2 hours to everyone in the vicinity that persists even after death. Until 2019, it was given by Meggakrut and Saurfang.
The hop festival, based on Oktoberfest, runs from September 20 to October 6.
Brewfest updates in 2019:
- Added more liquor vendor booths for each allied race.
- Apple Barrel has a new model and one has been removed from the map.
- Fending off the Black Iron clan has been removed from Hmelevar, as dwarves from the Black Iron clan are now an allied race. Instead, different types of invasions have appeared ( Totem of Hozen or Prisoner of Chmelewar)
- Hopfest has a Black Iron clan theme for the Alliance and Mage'hars for the Horde, with new NIPs that give quests and hints.
- The loot from Hudovar's Koren is now level 395.
- Bottomless Mug of the Hop Festival sold from Blix Chinishtux and Belby the Quicksman for a 10 Reward Token of the Hop Festival
- Transmog from Hopfest.
- Wreath of Hops for sale at Blix Chinishtux and Belby Quickman for 150 Reward Token of the Hop Festival
- Coat of Arms Hopmaster for sale at Blix Chinishtux and Belby Quicksman for 200 Reward Token of the Hop Festival
Toys from the Hop Festival
Stone for the return of the Boozer of the Hop Festival sold at Blix Chinishtux and Belby Quickman for 200 Prize Token of the Hop Festival
The Sardeliria Trophy of the Hop Festival is sold from Britt's Soul Mug and Etg for 5 Sardeliria Winner's Token. These tokens can be obtained from a special minigame, which, according to feedback on the European servers, can sometimes be buggy.
Hopfest in WoW Classic?
Before we delve into the nuances of the Hop Festival in the actual, we want to clarify that the Hop Festival is not available in WoW Classic, as it was only added in the Burning Crusade add-on, in October 2007. Only those festivals that were active during Vanilla will be added to WoW Classic, such as Pumpkin Feast, Love Fever, Winter Cover and Garden of Wonders.
Hopfest Camp Locations
There are two Hop Festival camps, one each for Alliance and Horde. They are the base for holiday tasks such as daily quests and mini-games, and seasonal items such as toys and alcohol can be purchased there.
The Alliance Hop Festival camp is located behind the gates of Stalgorn, at the bottom of the hill. From the Stalgorn Gate, walk down the road and look to your right.
The Horde Hop Festival Camp is located on the west side of Durotar, behind the Orgrimmar Gate. From the main entrance of Orgrimmar, go right and pass the barracks.
As of 2019, the Hopfest camps have received several thematic updates. The Alliance camp is still run by the dwarf Ipfelkofer Iron Barrel, but the dwarves of the Black Iron clan are now friendly, as they are now an allied race. The Horde camp is now ruled by La'har Hops from the Mag'har Orc clan, who have brought Drenorian traditions to Azeroth.
Allied race merchants, described in the Food and Alcohol section, have also been added in 2019, as well as restrooms. Just outside of the camp you will find Pandarian noodle vendors.
Hop Fest quests
Welcome to the Hop Festival!
- You can borrow an Iron Barrel from La'gar Hop or Ipfelkofer: it rewards you with one drink and opens a chain of souvenir quests.
- Drink to the Bottom! or Drink to the Bottom!: Award 10 Prize Token of the Hop Festival
- Beginning and Ending: Bizzl Ehprokachun or Boxy Boltokrut
- This quest is very easy; simply take the quest, collect the Non-Alcoholic Trial Drink of the Hop Festival from nearby tables, target the Self-Rolling and Self-Stirring Target, and use the drink. Do this five times, then turn around and get your tokens.
- Catch the wild hare! or Catch the wild hare!
- Beginning and Ending: Glodrak the Able Hunter or Goldark the Able Hunter.
- For this quest, you must use your obtained Harefishing Net to catch 5 stunned Wild Hareflies, which can be found by running in and out of the main Hopfest camp. To see the hareclops, you must either be incredibly drunk from any alcoholic beverage, or wear Syntechmel Goggles, which can be obtained from the questmaster on request. If you're slightly drunk, this won't work. Surrender the quest to be rewarded with your own Hare planted in the Hare Mug.
- Due to some legal restrictions, this quest is not available on European servers.
- Pink Eleckeys on the March or Pink Eleckeys on the March: Reward 40 Hop Festival Prize Token
- Beginning and Ending: Glodrak the Mettle Hunter or Goldark the Mettle Hunter
For this quest, players must travel to the specified locations (Horde players will need to visit the Forests of Eternal Song, Mulgor and Tirisfal Forests, while Alliance players will need to visit Azure Haze Island, Elwyn Forest and Teldrassil) and use the provided Elekk Scatter Ray to "kill" three pink hallucinated Elekk in each location. To see the Elecchi, you must either be incredibly drunk from any alcoholic beverage, or wear the Synthmel Goggles, which can be obtained from the questmaster on request.
Due to some legal restrictions, this quest is not available on European servers.
Barrel Racing is a fun mini-game where players try to go as fast as possible and collect numerous Portable Beer Refrigerator before time runs out. After the initial one-off quests, players can test their ram riding skills on a daily basis - the better they are, the more Hop Festival Prize Token they can collect.
There are several speeds at which a ram can move:
- The ram's level is neutral: running speed is reduced by 50%. Loses 4 Fatigue Baran every two seconds.
- Baran - trot: Increase speed by 25%. Keep ram at this speed with Hoping Sheep Leashes every few steps. Loses 2 Fatigue to ram every two seconds.
- Light Galloping ram: Increase speed by 100%. Keep ram at this speed using Ram's reins every second. Gain 1 Fatigue Baran every second.
- Baran - gallop: Increase speed by 185%. Keep the ram at that speed by spamming Riding Sheep Leashes. Gain 5 Fatigue every second.
- When your ram reaches 100 fatigue, it cannot move any faster and becomes a Weary ram for 15 seconds. Your ram will essentially start walking very slowly.